TrotskyProletariatLibrary

Power to the People of our fair city.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand

Keeping it Liteā„¢

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

1980s cover versions

Grant Lee Phillips has released an album called nineteeneighties. (read a review - hold this item. His cover versions of songs by The Cure, Robyn Hitchcock etc are dreamily low key and evocative. He even takes on one of my favourite epics - Echo and the Bunnymen's The Killing Moon.

Coincidentally, Q magazine (August 2006) focused on the 80s music scene and came with a cd of cover versions.

And yes it is official - every 80s cover version album must feature The Smiths - Phillips does "Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me" and the Q magazine cd has Clayhill doing "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home